Re: Oil Pressure Light

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Light
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 13:51:43 -0400
David -

Possibilities:
1) What kind of oil are you running?  Some oils hold their viscosity at
high temperatures better than others.  Your message doesn't indicate
whether things had a chance to cool off anywhere along the way.

2) Oil pressure relief valve stuck partially open after the initial
highway run, bleeding some of the pressure off when you were idling.
The second highway run freed it up.

3) Warning system short, as you indicated.

If it doesn't recur, I'd be thinking along the lines of #2.

Chris K.