Re: Spridget timing belt setup

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridget timing belt setup
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:38:24 EDT
I have the Mini Spares kit with the breather which is most likely what Mini
Mania sells since all his stuff come from Mini Spares in the UK.

Next rebuild I plan to go to the very neat Kent cams chain drive system that
APT retails - it is meant to be quieter and stronger than a conventional
chain set up.

If the choice was between a conventional chain set up and the belt drive I
would opt for the belt drive though it is a bit limited for breathing
(breather on the block required).

If I was on a tight budget I would spend the money on something other than
the ultimate timing gear whether belt or chain (eg a dynamic balance, heat
coating for the manifold).

Daniel1312

In a message dated 07/08/01 09:46:47 Pacific Daylight Time,