Bowed bonnet

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bowed bonnet
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 18:31:41 EDT
I have removed the bonnet from my Bugeye, as I am pulling the engine and
transmission. Anyway the bonnet is "bowed," i.e. the fender skirts are 1/2"
wider (on each side) than the rocker panels. The whole thing really didn't
sit as well I would have liked (almost no gap on top and 1" gap at the back
bottom of the bonnet). I think I can take car of this by shimming under the
hinges. Any ideas on how to pull the Bonnet in and have it stay there?
I thought about putting a woodworking web clamp around the wide point and
pulling it back, but I am concerned about putting crease in the sides.

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A