Re: Auto Insurance - LAST ONE

Subject: Re: Auto Insurance - LAST ONE
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:20:42 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Kate & Gary,
I sent a long-winded email last year about the classic car insurance
industry's position on this coverage myth. Anyone that operates one a
vehicle insured on a classic car policy who thinks this will work is very
naive. The claims departments have heard all the "stories", just the same as
any other professional has heard all the "stories" in their respective
trades. Your mechanic is not the only person that is going to have to lie to
support your statements.

This is precisely the problem with these programs. Vehicles are not only
used outside the coverage guidelines but people are advised and encouraged
to do so. The unfortunate result is sometimes denial of coverage and the
least that the vehicle owner will have to worry about is coverage for the
damage to their own car. Claims for bodily injury will make that figure
appear very small.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
shaking my head in disgust