Re: cleaning parts for presentation.

To: tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com
Subject: Re: cleaning parts for presentation.
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:00:18 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:37:31 -0700 "Toby Atwater"
<tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com> writes:
> I could also sand blast them... but this might pit them.

Try finding someone that does soda blasting.  It will remove the crud and
leave a shiny surface.  Make sure the "soft" stuff is off it first,
though, because the soda tends to bounce off the softer stuff without
removing it.

> My old 1275 block would make a cool coffee table. Well at least the
> base of
> a coffee table. Nice piece of Plexiglas epoxied to it and some kind
> of
> stable stand to bring it up a lil off the ground.

There's a guy who does this with Jaguar V12 motors.  They look awesome
when they are finished.  I have a few pictures I could email.  Expensive
though, at $3k to $4k apiece.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD