Re: Size matters?

To: soavero@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Size matters?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:14:56 EDT
Thanks for the offer, but my Internet connection is sloooow.
I can believe that one could roll a TR 4, I sure had spun mine more than
once.  I got my first dog of a TR 4 when I was a young stud in college in
Pittsburgh. (The car had been stripped and wires cut. The seller had fixed up
things but started using masking tape when he had run out of electrical tape.
I shouldn't complain, I paid 500 bucks for low mileage (who could keep that
thing running?) 4 year old TR4. I do remember at one point the choke cable
had broken, so I used a long shoe lace, which I would tie off to a knob on
the dash. Any concours points for that?
Somehow those British engineers hadn't figured out how to deal with Machismo,
cobble stone streets, trolley tracks and rain. So 180s 360s and more where
pretty common.
I think Lucas electric saved me. Because after I had an electrical fire I
sold the car.

I haven't had the opportunity to drive the Bugeye hard, but is there the same
tendency to oversteer?

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A