Re: Now Miata

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Now Miata
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:26:39 -0700
 Sandi and I drove our daughters '92 from Virginia to Colorado and we both
fell in love with the car. Not a dragster but quicker than a stock Bugeye.
Used no oil and got 32 MPG. I agree with Mike about the sticker price
though.

 A buddy of mine replaced a Chevy V6 with the 1.6 130BHP engine and tranny
in his Bugeye.

 IMO it's not a great fit. The shifter comes out back around his elbow. He
has a Cobra type shift lever fitted. It does go like stink though and will
chirp the tires in 4th. He runs a stock Bugeye front suspension and a stock
4.22 Bugeye diff and axles.

 He's been on the road a few years now and has had no problems other than
fried feet. It actually melted the sole on one of his tennis shoes one time.

 Larry Miller