NGK Plug Heat Ranges FILETIME=[0B7D5D30:01C12804]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: NGK Plug Heat Ranges FILETIME=[0B7D5D30:01C12804]
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 11:33:22 -0500
I am changing the plugs in the Sprite and because of my reading some
books on tuning for performance, I have purchase NGK this time rather
than the Bosch Platinum that I have been using. The car, oddly enough,
burns a little oil. To combat this fouling the plugs as quickly as the
Bosch did, I asked for one step hotter in the NGK. I was sold the 2023
BPR7ES. Is this heat range compatible for the 1275? The counter guy was
not certain if this would harm the engine or not. I really don't want to
burn a hole in the piston by running to hot a plug. If this is not
suitable, what do others use to their satisfaction, in NGK plugs that
is. I know that if not properly worded (and even if it is) this question
can cause a firestorm similar to the Dot 4 vs. Silicone or BMC vs.
British (phlem-sucking) Leyland threads (sorry Jay) of the past.