Re: NGK Plug Heat Ranges

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: NGK Plug Heat Ranges
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 19:31:36 -0400
Cc: Spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Geoff Branch wrote:

> Oh goody a plug thread!  I have always wondered about the 4 pronged affairs.
>  So why the devil do the four prongers get sold as
> performance items?????

Way back when performace guys used to "index" their plugs by making sure the
electrode was pointing towards the intake valve.
These 4 prongers take all the fun out of indexing them.
I have em, I like em, Peter sells em.

Back to the NGKs
The BP7ES is colder then the 6ES.
NGK calls the lower numbers hotter.
BP6ES (or BPR6ES resistor) is the correct stock plug for a 1275.
BP5ES hotter
BP7ES colder.
And Champions... Well the parts guy once told me they always use Champion
Plugs in the 1/4 mile. I told him yes but they always change them after each
race! Give me NGKs please.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ