Re: gun thread *no lbc* beware

To: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: gun thread *no lbc* beware
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:11:50 -0400
Cc: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
On Saturday 18 August 2001 08:04 pm, Robert Duquette wrote:
> Our current Liberal gov't is trying to turn Canada into a police state,
> with quite a bit of success.  A lot of the citizens in this country who
> have become urbanized, forget that their fathers ( and perhaps mothers )
> probably were safe in the presence of firearms.  They watch the news too
> much!

"Those who would sacrifice essential freedoms for temporary safety deserve
neither" - Benjamin Franklin

I usually see this quote in discussions relating to invasion of privacy.
Things like laws giving the govt. "master keys" to encrypted data for tapping
of secure transmissions and such. But it seems applicable here as well!

Eddie
1971 Midget