timing effect on heat. was RE: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP

To: "Charles F. Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: timing effect on heat. was RE: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:07:01 -0700 m>
>in adition remember too much timing advance also results in hotter than
>normal running temps.

I have always experienced the opposite. Too advanced would detonate and
destroy the engine before it overheated. Too retarded: less power and warmer
(overheated) running engine.

The way it was explained to me:  The same amount of gasoline enters the
engine no matter where the timing is. If the spark is too late (retarded)
you get less usable energy (less hp) on that stroke. So where does the
missing energy go? into heat.

Dunno if that's the way it works... but that has been my experience.

Toby