NJ DMV takes me for a humping(very little LBC and long)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: NJ DMV takes me for a humping(very little LBC and long)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:28:57 -0400
Since my car in now eligible for historic plates (25 years or older) I
decide to get a set for my Midget and avoid NJ inspection.  So 2 weeks
ago before I go on vacation I drive to the local DMV office during
lunch and go to the information desk.  The woman there tells me that
they don't have historic plates in the DMV offices, for them, you must
either get them by mail or go to Trenton.  So I go back to the office
and call Trenton.  After about 20 minutes on hold I get a real live
person and tell them I want historic plates.  They tell me to go to
the local DMV office and get an application.  I tell her that I was
just there and they told me to call Trenton.  The DMV droid says that
she will send me the form.  I then ask how long it will take to
process the application and get the plates.  Only 10-14 weeks!  OK,
can I come to Trenton and get the plates.  I was informed that the DMV
has late hours on Monday only, 8 AM to 7:30 PM.  I tell the lady don't
bother to send me the application I will go get the plates when I get
back from vacation.

I go on vacation and come back last Wed night and take Thursday off to
work on the car.  Today I leave work and drive to Trenton.  I get
there at about 6:45 PM.  I enter the DMV office and go to the
information desk.  Of course there was nobody at the desk.  I search
high and low for the correct form.  Not finding the form I go get in
a long line for about 20 people.  I wait for about 15 minutes and then
get to the window.  I tell the lady what I want and she tells me I am
in the wrong office and that need to go to the DMV that is 2 blocks
away.  I am about to leave and I ask what are their hours.  Monday to
Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.   AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!  I could have gone and
got the plates last Thursday if I had known that they were only open
during the day.  What a bunch of mistakes.  I did not say much to the
lady behind the counter I was about 10 seconds from going insane.

Tomorrow I will start calling DMV, and anyones else I need to call.  I
will get an application faxed to me, a person to return the
application to, and someone to get me my plates in less than 10 weeks.
I want them before the end of the month when my current plates expire.
This will happen if I have to take the next 2 weeks off and keep
calling anyone and everyone in Trenton.  I am pissed and I am not
going back the the DMV.  This is enough to drive me postal.  Everyone
pray:

     Tomorrow I call the DMV
     Hoping my app is on the way
     If I sleep before I fill the form