Re: The Weakest Link x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: phil@outtech.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Weakest Link x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:05:45 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/01 6:13:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, phil@outtech.com
writes:

> If you overtake a car in a rally, you are going too fast.  The object in a
> TSD rally is to be on time.  Cars running a rally perfectly will end in the
> exact order in which they started and all cars will have a perfect score of
> zero.  If you are early, you get penalty points and drop in the rank.
> Overtaking in a race will move you up.  So the answer is, "At least third."
>
> _______________
>
> Or he's going too slow. Never do anything in a rally based on what other

As I explained to someone else (off list) who said the same thing, since this
was a hypothetical story, we can ASSume that all the cars are staying at
perfect time, and you decided to pass car #2.  That would make you wrong.  :-)

In my rally novice class, I ALWAYS tell newbies not to follow another rally
car.  (And they always do anyway.)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget