Can't Win For Losing...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Can't Win For Losing...
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:55:47 -0700
Spent the day repairing a rear hub seal leak by installing a
Speedi-Sleeve per the MGA with an Attitude web site:
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/rearaxle/ra101.htm
If you suspect that those streaks of oil on your rear wheel are from the
rear hub seal, then this is the solution for you.  The web site explains
this procedure from start to finish with plenty of pictures.  Highly
recommended.  I finished the job in a few hours and had another excuse
to take the Bugeye on a test drive.  Yippee!  I came home a hour or so
later and no grease in the wheel well yet.   Well, not yet.  I started
to pick up my tools and glanced at the driveway I had just driven up
into the garage.  There was an oil spot about an inch in diameter every
couple feet!  The oil is not dark or dirty so I suspect it is coming
from the transmission.  Tomorrow I will put the car up on jack stands
and try to locate this leak.  I am afraid this means an engine pull.  If
I separate the engine and trans, I will have to put a new clutch in, of
course.  This leak is already costing me money and I have not even
started yet.  Can't win for losing.  I only have 2300 miles on this
car.  I didn't expect to be doing this yet.
Mike MacLean Supercharged Leaking 60 Sprite