Re: It came from the oil pan...

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: It came from the oil pan...
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 02:52:30 -0400
Cc: Adrian Barnes <adrian@workgroup.net>, DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Geoff Branch wrote:

> Adrian:  I don't think it really matters just what those pieces are it this
> point!  If  I was finding stuff that big in my sump,  I would continue
> dissassembly until I found something broken.  Stuff that big can't be good.

  But other than this little find, nothing is wrong
with the engine?

  Hehehe, I don't strip any engine down unless I
can see a rod from the driver's seat!

  ...in all seriousness, lots of crap finds it's
way in there. I'd suspect if you did a stripdown
"just to see" you stand a very good chance of
not seeing anything.

  Or even worse, stripping the engine down and
saying "while I'm in here" and talking yourself into
a rebuild when the original engine ran fine.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca