Re: Blown 1500 - not!

To: guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blown 1500 - not!
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:54:10 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/2001 7:18:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> Got my "other" Spridget back together again on Saturday, and it was a
> blown head gasket as I thought.  Had been leaking between water
> channels and cylinders 1, 2 and 3.  Surprised it still ran!  Anyway
> purring again now so all seems well.

Same here on all accounts. Gasket blew between #2 and 3.  Machinist found a
warp in the head that was relieved by skimming.  Just got it running this
evening with all new ignition wires and an oil and filter change.  Advanced
the timing another 8 degrees and it seems peppier.   Part of that might have
been the higher compression created by the skim job.

--DAvid C.