Re: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)(NO LBC)

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, Eddie Sheffield <eddie@mediarchive.com>, Andrew Weaks <awboat@intelos.net>, Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)(NO LBC)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:27:27 -0700 (PDT)
--- Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
wrote:
> Underneath everything, I found a Harper's Bazaar
> from 1863. One of the
> pages had a list of confirmed dead Civil War
> soldiers, and of course many
> other Civil War related stories. I still have it. I
> also found a same
> period hand written letter, probably to the then
> owner of the house.

Here's a scary atate of affairs - I have some of the
Apollo astronaut's autographs (my father worked with
them) - maybe worth $50 apiece. A friend of mine
recently found the first issue of Martha Stewart's
Living magazine at a garage sale for 25 cents.  He
ebayed it a month or 2 ago for $167.  I mean, walking
on the moon certainly pales against articles like "101
Things To Do With Cling Peaches, 102 If You Eat The F'ers."

=====
Ron Soave

"It ain't women that kill a ballplayer.  It's stayin' up all night lookin' for
'em that does."
- Casey Stengel
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/