Re: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)

To: awboat@intelos.net, toyman@digitex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:59:44 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/01 9:05:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
awboat@intelos.net writes:

> I remember one show a lady had a beautiful Philadelphia chest-on-chest that
> was
> refinished. She said it was all black and icky and wanted to see the
> beautiful wood
> underneath. In its present form I believe it was worth about $15,000. If in
> the original

I really think that only holds for 300 year old furniture that was hand made,
one piece at a time by a carpenter in a small shop.  A steering wheel that is
30 years old and sold in any quantity is probably worth more refinished and
looking like new.

Just my 2 pence.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward