Re: Accelerator problem

To: "Bill Mantz" <bmantz@roanoke.infi.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Accelerator problem
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:54:51 -0500
>From: "Bill Mantz" <bmantz@roanoke.infi.net>
> > I have had a problem with the accelerator on the 71 Midget since I
>rebuilt
> > the engine this past winter. I replaced the accelerator cable at the
>same
> > time (I don't remember the condition of the one I replaced).
=====
Bill,
         When you reinstalled the engine, are you certain you got all of
the ground cables in place and securely fastened? It HAS happened that the
accel. cables will melt their inner plastic/nylon sleeve when they become
part of the grounding circuitry. I've not seen it happen only part way, but
it's conceivable.
         Peter C