Re: Weber DGV, One More Thing!

To: John Holliday <fprodget@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber DGV, One More Thing!
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:44:02 -0400
On Wednesday 29 August 2001 04:52 pm, John Holliday wrote:
> Glenn,
>
> My 1-1/2 inch SU's are currently on a stock 1275 and
> they have provided very peppy acceleration.
>
> John Holliday

What manifold are you using with those? Maniflow? By coincidence I've been
reading the section in the Vizard book on manifolds and it's interesting
seeing what does and doesn't work. Like you get more and better airflow from
a SINGLE 1-1/2 SU on a MG Metro manifold than you do with DUAL 1-1/4  on the
stock manifold. I can't explain it as well as he does, but basically on the
dual setup each cylinder only "sees" the single 1-1/4 connected directly to
it's intake and the effect of the second carb via the crossover is fairly
negligible.

But dual 1-1/2s, now that's another matter! Vizard really likes the Maniflow
for the dual carbs.

Eddie
1971 Midget