Re: Converting from positive to negative ground?

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Converting from positive to negative ground?
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:14:06 EDT
Frank:
You are giving me way to much credit if you think I know how to "repolarize"
the generator. Not a problem with the fuel gauge, does not work anyway. I put
a voltmeter on the leads and did get a reading, then I put a spare in from a
positive ground (at least I thought so) triumph and fritzed that one
backwards. Not sure what is going on there, but I have alot of bigger issues
right now. There is an electric tach in the car, which doesn't work either.
Another project for later. Did pick up a mechanical tach (not sure it that
works) and may as well try to run that off the generator.
I am switching the dash around to RHD and gave some thought to putting in
some modern music.
Did you realize that just about everything (except the throttle cable)
crosses over the engine compartment when the car is LHD?

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A