Re: Vacuum advance

To: <froggi@cdsnet.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vacuum advance
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:27:21 -0400
> Mike,
> If you sucked and there was no movement from the activating arm, the diaphragm
> is
> bad (provided you "sucked" hard enough.  AND... isn't the 25D mechanical?
> Herb
>
> "Michel R. Gagne" wrote:
>
>> A kind lister just sent me a newish vacuum advance for a 25D distributor.
>> How do I check to see if, and how well it is working.  I sucked on the end
>> to no avail, so I9m guessing that the diaphragm is OK, and additional
>> suggestions.
>> Thanks a bunch,
>> Mike Gagne
>> 74 1/2 widget

I hope I'm not being stupid here, but I sucked hard and nothing happened.
How far should the spring travel?  If I pull or push on the arm by hand then
almost imperceptible movement occurs.  Is this a problem vacuum unit?

Also, What do you mean when you say that it could be mechanical?  Shouldn't
vacuum advance be sensitive to a pressure differential?  I hope I haven't
missed something fundamental here, I'm pretty new to this stuff.

Mike