Re: Brake Light Switch]

To: "Jim Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>, "Spridget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Light Switch]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:03:50 -0000
jim,

has your switch failed to make electrical contact or has it literally
broken?    the reason i ask is, a mechanical switch needs to be properly
installed as not to act as a stop for the brake pedal.  it must be adjusted
to break contact just before the pedal comes to rest on it's stop( read that
almost at the same time).  the switch will fail if it is not properly
adjusted to not be the pedal stop.  the hydraulic type switches that are
currently on the market seem to not last long for one reason or another and
most who are experiencing this type of switch failure are converting over to
a mechanical switch.   i have 3 race cars using the lucas hydraulic switch
with no failures.  so i'm nottheexpert on hydraulic switch failures other
than what i have read posted here.

chuck.