Re: Getting the drive shaft in the tranny

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting the drive shaft in the tranny
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 18:08:58 EDT
In a message dated 9/2/01 9:37:58 AM, SDOliner@aol.com writes:

<< I am miles away from putting my drive train back in, but gave some thought
inserting the driveshaft while the end of the transmission is still
accessible and then sliding the whole deal back in. It looks like putting it
in from the rear end is going to take better aim than I have got.
Anyone ever try this?

David:
Tried without success.  We have always put the driveshaft in with the
engine/transmission. We put fluids in the transmission making sure the
driveshaft stays in as we tilt the assembly to avoid dumping the oil.  It is
probably better to have two people, one to operate the lift and the other to
steer and make sure the assembly stays together.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)