Re: Non-LBC: Jeep ignition question

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "Dave Miles" <davidmiles@networksplus.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Non-LBC: Jeep ignition question
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 16:16:45 -0400
Couldn't you check a coil by:  connecting low v sides to + and - of battery,
connect high side with sparkplug wire to a sparkplug also grounded to the -
battery, and quickly disconnecting one of the wires going from the coil to the
battery?  See if you have a spark at the plug.  You can also check them, I know,
with an ohmeter if you know what the new specs are.

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini