Fwd: Oil pump replacement, now timing chain replacement

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Oil pump replacement, now timing chain replacement
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:46:39 EDT
From SDOliner at aol.com
Full-name: SDOliner
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:44:48 EDT
To: DLancer7676@cs.com

I have got my 1275 engine it nice little boxes all of the garage. I bought
the engine, outside of the car from the POs brother, who knew little of its
history. It came apart surprisingly clean. Just new bearings, no regrind on
the crank, and just a honing of the cylinders. All this said and I am putting
in a new oil pump. not all that much money for the piece of mind.
But I was planning on checking the slack on the timing chain, and not
necessarily replacing it. This might be an error in judgment, as I never ever
want to try to get that crankshaft pulley off, with the engine in the car.
I am building this engine fairly stock, so I wasn't thinking of upgrading the
timing chain and sprockets.
Comments?

David Oliner
60 Bugeye