Re: Haj to the Promenade

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Haj to the Promenade
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:19:12 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/01 6:07:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, SDOliner writes:

<< Took a walk to the promenade. Figured I had to see it. Who would ever
think that we would have a supply of face masks by the front door? Really
clear blue sky to the north. Empire State Building shinning in the sun.
Smokey cloud over all of  lower Manhattan. Little pieces of airborne debris
everywhere floating like a new snow.  It was like going to a funeral. A lot
of somber looking people paying their respects.

 Whole place smells like a room with a fireplace that isn't working properly.
But passed people eating big bowls of food outside at Theresa, and Heights
Cafe. Walked by someone smoking a cigarette, and that smoke actually smelled
clean and familiar.

 Walked by a Real Estate office and looked at a picture of the view from a
house for sale, overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge and World Trade Center in the
background.

 Dad

Copy of an email I sent to my son in New Zealand.

David Oliner