Re: 1275 lift points/msg for Rick Fisk

To: shelden <shelden3@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 lift points/msg for Rick Fisk
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:30:12 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
shelden wrote:

> Where is the best places to attach a lift chain on a 1275?

I prefer to bolt a chain to the front manifold stud 9using a stout washer) and
the 4th spark plug hole.
On the plug hole, get one of those fire in oil spark plug extenters, bolt the
chain to it and screw it in the spark plug hole. With a bit of practice, you
will learn where to hook the chain to the hoist for the proper stabbing angle.
But if your cowl is off, why not put the engine on a floor jack and roll it in
place? You will need an assistant to lift it over the steering rack and frame
rail, put the jack back under the oil pan once you get it "over the hump" and
slide it in place, use a rope to lift the tranny tail up on the center frame.
I always do it this way on a Bugeye because I dread removing the bugeye
bonnet.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ