ELVF

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: ELVF
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:54:57 -0500
Yo,

No, in case your wondering, Jim "Elmo Mancini, the Meatball Magnate from
Logantucky" Donato has not been picked up for questioning, (despite his
swarthy middle-eastern look). "Supposedly", he's frantically putting a race
motor together...(funny, though, ever since Blackhawk, every time I call
him on the weekends, he's got a drink in his hand while out on the pontoon
boat...).

So, with the Fall Festival looming large, let's talk about the plans. Many
(like a year ago...) moons ago, I think Shirley Murray asked if the
ThickTones would play at the welcome party Friday night. I've never heard
one word since, so I have no idea whether that's "on" or not. (I'm not sure
it's my place to have to make calls to see if I'm working for free...). So,
Friday is up in the air. Saturday, I would hope many of you plan on a
Thicko Village gala, with all the usual trimmings. Speak up faithful
brethren that can always be counted on bring the food.

I may be "commuting" Friday night, and Saturday afternoon, due to some
family commitments like Homecoming, etc., as it's "my" weekend with my
daughters, and since none of you have cute sons, they seem to be losing
interest in ther teenaged years in Dad's racing hobby. I may pay for
practise on Friday, and run Sat until early afternoon, then "beat feet"
back to IL to see Kate of to Homecoming, and see where other daughter Emily
had decided to do. I would then haul ass back up to Elkhart for a "later
than usual" start to the Sat. party. If this is the case, (and I expect it
will be) I'll need some of you folks with "management" skills to heard the
masses into position.

I'm still waiting on a cam for Redrum, as all that have driven it or heard
it idle agree it's a friggin' stock 1275 (Thanks Elmo for foregtting which
cam it was you sent with the motor....ARRRRGGGGHHH). So, if the cam shows
up Tues. or Wed., I may have time to get it in. If not, I'll putt around
the course, and probably have time to make tea on the front straight.

Speak up boys and girls.

Flounder