Rad & Temp sensor

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rad & Temp sensor
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:28:41 EDT
This winter I'm planning on putting a 1275  in the Bugeye.It looks like one
just unscrews the mechanical temp sensor from the radiator and then screws it
 into the head. From what I see, there is a small "adaptor"  tube which is
needed. No problem so far,------but what do you close off the hole in the
radiator with? Is this just a pipe fitting plug from  the hardware store? I
thought some british pipe thread was not tapered. Any thoughts?  Also, where
are folks attaching oil temp senders?  In my collection of odd parts, I have
a banjo bolt which looks as if it might be the answer.  The head has been
drilled and tapped . THis is the bolt which attaches the solid oil line to
the block. Does this sound familiar to anyone?      Bob C