Re: HIF44 - needle - Judson Blown 1293 now "government work"

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HIF44 - needle - Judson Blown 1293 now "government work"
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:06:57 EDT
Do people still use the term "government work" to describe personal projects
on company time?
When I worked as a engineer in Rochester in the late 60s I was told that this
was a hold over from WW II, when plants were doing top secret work that you
weren't supposed to talk about.
You guys may not know this, but I was part of the crack team that exported
American technology to the moon. Worked on the gear drives for the Lunar
Rover. Got the thing up there, took a spin, took the plates off of it, and
junked it. Must have a ton of parking tickets by now.
Never could figure out why I got laid off a few years later.

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A
69 Lunar Rover