RE: Earl Scheib paint jobs

To: "'Wiedemeyer'" <boxweed@thebest.net>, Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: RE: Earl Scheib paint jobs
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:17:35 -0700
Cc: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
My Dad had his '30 Model "A" pick-up painted seafoam green (why, Dad, WHY?)
by Mr. Sheib's firm in 1971.  It sat outside for almost 20 years, and that
paint still could be shined up!  Of course, when it came back from the paint
shop, the windows and tires all had paint on them from an exceptionally poor
masking job.  Also, no runs anywhere!  That, in and of itself was an
achievement, since there are almost no broad flat surfaces on that car, and
plenty of louvers in the sides of the hood.  Dad passed away this year, but
his truck still has that paint on it, and probably will have the rest of the
time my family owns it.
MJ