Re: Pa. dutch treats....? and smells.

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pa. dutch treats....? and smells.
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:18:05 EDT
In a message dated 09/20/2001 4:04:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

> hmm, i did not make a corn pie this year coming to think of it!  ya
> see i knew my wife could not cook back when we were dating.  she even told
> me so!  and i was not worried one bit!  lol!  i knew we were not going to
> starve.   i can generate anything that has a recipe, but am not limited to
> "following " directions.   mom taught me to do the hand full or dump method
> of doing measurements of ingredients when i was rather young.   so cooking
> is not a thing i fear.   but i really would prefer to be in my garage!   2
> best smells in my world is fresh loaf of bread baking in my kitchen  or
> just walking into my

OK Chuck....er chuck...give up the corn pie receipe!

And by the way, for that fresh bread smell (especially good if you are
showing your house to perspective buyers), just open a cheap beer and put it
in the oven at about 250 degrees.

That bakery smell you smell is actually alchohol being released by the baking
process.

R. Houston
...there is no glory in dying for your country.  The glory is in making the
other guy die for his!  G. Patton