Re: timing

To: David Dycus <david.dycus@blackbox.com>
Subject: Re: timing
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:55:23 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David Dycus wrote:

> I'm having trouble setting the timing on my 1275 sprite...

The distributor drive *may* be off a tooth or two.
If you can not get the timing close because the dizzy hits the engine or oil
pipe, the drive is off.
Remove the dizzy, set engine at TDC, the drive slots should point to 2:00 and
8:00. Of course the is an offset but it is so slight, you will probably get it
180 out. I do 99% of the time anyway.

To set the drive correctly, remove the dizzy, remove the bolt holding the
dizzy sleeve in the block, screw a long 5/16 x 24 bolt  into the drive gear,
slowly rotate and pull it out at the same time, make a note as to which way it
comes out, reinsert it the correct way.
The book helps if you never did this before.

Good luck

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ