Re: Taps dies etc. v.2

To: conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Taps dies etc. v.2
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:57:54 EDT
In a message dated 9/24/2001 9:06:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com writes:

> The thing I'd still be concerned about is a sudden, sharp blow.

True, Ed. That is a consideration for sure.  That is why I said I generally
agreed with Alan.  I don't want anyone mistaking me for an expert in these
matters.  I was quoting the tensile strength figures from the Bowman fastener
manual.  Just to be in line with the original engineering it is probably best
to stay with the grade that was engineered into the car.  Except in the case
of the Bowmalloy metal.  According to the representative it stretches plus
provides superior strength.

--David C.