heat exchange and a bit more?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: heat exchange and a bit more?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:32:14 -0000
ok try this!
you need to have flow at the heater valve.  do not block off the opening with
a block off plate .  instead open the heater valve or fabricate a hose nipple
on a plate and install it to facilitate circulation in the rear end of the
head.
next, grab yer fan blade! try to rotate it!  if the belt slips one tiny bit
you have got too loose of a belt.  spridgets with a series engines seem very
sensitive to belt slippage at speed assisted by the drag of the coolant
agasinst the water pump impeller.  you will not hear a squeeling belt!!!  but
you will build heat at higher rpm and be unable to disipate it due to thw
cooling system's inability to circulate at higher rpm's.  many racer's
weekends have been threatened by "running hot" only to find out they fan belt
was slipping at speed.  oh heck!  give it a try!  after all ehe e=mc2 cooling
system discussion here why not try some simple stuff too!

on the bizarre side of reality i have had a sudden death in the family and
must go to alexandria va. first thing in the morning.  i'll be back some time
sunday.   so, if anyone needs me for anything?  i'll be checking my mail today
into this evening.  now i need to go out to the shop and paint a
honda(oh-joy...not!).   then back to work on brian's bugeye.

chuck.
btw!  do not forget!  next weekend ( oct.5,6&7)is the SVRA's blue gray
challenge at summit point !   morgans are featured at this event!   oh heck i
may even bring my bombastic oarnge bug killer the saab....c.  :)