Re: Double trouble day

To: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Double trouble day
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:04:47 -0400
On Friday 28 September 2001 09:53 pm, Paul Tegler wrote:
> of the top of my head...I'm not sure what the bolt size
> is but they should be avail. at any Pep Boys.

These are apparently some kind of "special" bolt. There was a pretty lengthy
thread on this a while back. They do have a slightly unusual head. Kind of a
recess in them.

> Before I would believe it was a loose rotor,
> I'd look at the two mount bolts for the caliper.
> ...a much more likely candidate for the clunking
> on braking and a weird 'grabbing' effect.

That thought occurred to me as well. One reason I suspect the rotor is that I
"messed" around with them while rebuilding the suspension (why? I didn't know
any better) and didn't take the care reassembling them that they really
needed - again, I didn't know any better until the thread concerning them
came up. Thankfully I was much more careful with the rest of the suspension.
So I'm afraid that bit of ignorance may be haunting me now. Believe me I'm
going to be checking everything I can think of though.

> ..... you were headed for Rocks without the M
> anyway right (family in tow)??

Yep.

> Will we still see you tomorrow?  We (my SO and I)
> decide to go ahead and drive Lil' Greenee ('73 RWA Midget)
> ....still not sure if I'm going to bother putting it on the
> field or not though.

I'll still be there. I'm probably going to shoot for a lunchtime arrival,
maybe a little earlier. Maybe all the attending listers can meet for lunch? I
LOVE their beef sandwiches!

I'll be wearing my red Spridget list shirt and olive green MG cap. Keep an
eye out for me!

Eddie
1971 Midget