Letter from Margo Healey

To: AHCUSA@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Letter from Margo Healey
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 18:05:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

Today I received a letter from Margo Healey and I'd like to share it with
all of you.  The letter was dated and postmarked September 14, but with the
recent interruption in air service it is little wonder that it took over two
weeks to travel from the UK to Florida.  The text of the letter is inserted
below.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who
respected my request to observe a moratorium, however brief, in the usual
hobby chat here in honor of the horrific events of September 11.  This is my
first post to the list since that request made on the morning of September
12.  As an Army officer working in the US military headquarters with
responsibility for US military operations in the Middle East, including
Afghanistan, I can report that my life, and those of so many more here and
elsewhere, has not been the same since September 11.  We are in the opening
moments of what promises to be a long war -- the very last thing that any
soldier wants.

In any case, for the uninitiated, Margo Healey is the widow of Geoff Healey,
one of Donald Healey's three sons.  Geoff was instrumental in the
development, engineering and testing of Austin-Healeys.  His role is well
documented in several books on the marque, including some that he authored
himself.  Geoff passed away in 1993 and Margo has remained active in
Austin-Healey club activities both in the UK and in the USA.  Please scroll
down for the text of her letter.  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Reid Trummel
President, Austin-Healey Club USA
http://www.healey.org
http://home.earthlink.net/~rtrummel/

-----

14th September 2001

Dear Reid & all members,

On this day of mourning, only a few weeks after my visit to Rendezvous 2001,
I feel very strongly that I must write a personal handwritten letter to you
all.

My father in law, my husband, my daughters, Cecilia & Kate & I always
remember the great kindness, hospitality & generosity of you all to us.

Worldwide & particularly here in the United Kingdom we are all shocked & I
wish to send to you our most heartfelt condolences and sincerely hope that
none of the members of Austin-Healey Clubs throughout the U.S.A. are
affected personally in this great tragedy.  It was not a film, it was not a
computer game, it was reality & the world has shrunk into shock, and now
everything will be different.

Most sincerely,
Margo Healey

http://inbox.excite.com