More., Re: cooling & radiators

To: mikeg@vicnet.net.au
Subject: More., Re: cooling & radiators
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 09:33:45 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike,

Outside diameters 3.9" standard and 4.75 BL larger pulley.  I have never been
able to establish which Metro's & pumps used the 4.75 pulley because not even
all the MG Metros used them and sometimes standard Metros hava 4.75 pulley.
I always buy a  4.75 pulley when I see one, maybe I should start buying the
pump and the same time or at least having a look at it and noting parts
numbers at the same time (a job for next weekend).

I think pulleys must be matched to pumps and without all the data the only
way to see if a big pulley is correct, even on a road car is to back to back
test (even though you might need 2 fanbelts to do this).  For a racing car I
can't imagine any benefit of the smaller pulley.

When I was at Sprite Rush 98 in the USA either Tony or his colleague from the
Bugeye Barn snapped up the 4.75 pulley I took with me to sell.

Regards

Daniel

In a message dated 30/09/01 05:16:14 Pacific Daylight Time,