Re: Advice on pulling motor

To: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Advice on pulling motor
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 18:34:41 -0400
"Michel R. Gagne" wrote:

> I ve never done anything like this before,

Mike

Like everyone else said with one exception.
You do NOT have to remove the steering column from the rack.
Just undo the 2 nuts on that motor mount/engine.
Remove the 3 bolts from the other motor mount/frame.
I also like to remove the dizzy cap just so it doesn't get broken on the way
out.

Place a board or dolley under thge engine when it's out. Never slide it around
a concrete floor on the oil pan! You will quickly wear a hole or 2 in the pan,
ask me how I know this.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ