RE: More Sandblast cabinet suggestions requested (the topic I won't le

To: "Spridgets \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More Sandblast cabinet suggestions requested (the topic I won't let die!!!)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:18:33 +0200
-----Original Message-----
From owner-spridgets at autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-spridgets@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Guy Weller
Sent: 03 October 2001 08:35
To: Patton Dickson; spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Sandblast cabinet suggestions requested (the topic I
won't let die!!!)

Patton,
When I built mine I made the floor of the cabinet out of 4 tapered
plywood sections to form a funnel.  Used cardboard templates at first
to get the size and taper right. Cabinet itself was made from scrap
and panels from a cut down door with a small glass window set in
front. Glass eventually goes cloudy but is easy to replace. Corners
bolt to 4 Dexion legs and the whole thing dismantles to store as a
"flat pack" to save on space.  Only problem is that my compressor is a
bit too lightweight  for the job!

Guy

Hi Guys
Does anyone have any idea how much air is needed for home sand blasting?
I have got a small workbench type blaster and each with a 1.5 HP motor on
the compressor, about 3-5 minutes is all I get before I have to leave it to
build up pressure again.
It has been said to me that I will need a compressor with at least a 7-8 hp
motor on it to do the job properly. That makes a bit of a mockery of "home
workshop".
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

John Reidy
SA