The painting "Fallen Brothers Never Forgotten" (NO LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, morris@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, MorrisMinors@smartgroups.com
Subject: The painting "Fallen Brothers Never Forgotten" (NO LBC)
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:20:18 -0700
I saw this on the local news this morning. Some of you may be interested in
checking this out as a way to make a contribution and have a .

http://www.srff.org/

September 25, 2001

                           The painting "Fallen Brothers Never Forgotten"
                           was done in tribute to the
                           fallen firefighters and emergency responders
                           lost in the September 11th
                           attacks. It is done by Donald Ricci a Firefighter
                           with the Santa Rosa Fire
                           Department in California. Since it has been on
                           the Firehouse.com web page we
                           have had a tremendous response from people
                           all over the nation requesting a
                           copy of the print.

                           Along with Santa Rosa Firefighter's Local 1401,
                           we plan on running a limited
                           edition lithograph of the painting signed and
                           serial numbered to be sold
                           with 100% of the proceeds going to the
                           Uniformed Firefighters of New York
                           Widows and Orphans Fund.

We are currently in the process of having the lithographs made. They will
of the highest quality stock. There will be a limited edition printing of
2348 lithographs. Numbers D1-D348 for the "Dedication Series" where there
will be one print for every firefighter on the line of duty death or
missing list. For instance you will see on the lithograph " Dedicated to
the memory of Firefighter John Doe, Rescue Company 1, FDNY, who made the
ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty at the Twin Towers Incident,
September 11th 2001" These will sell for $300.00 .

Numbers L1-L2000 will be the "Limited Edition" that are signed and serial
numbered. These will  sell for $200.00 a copy.

Since 100% of the proceeds go to the families of the fallen firefighters we
are looking for support from various publications to get the word out to as
many people as possible. Thus far we will have adds in Firehouse and
possibly Fire Engineering. We are also looking to create a web page where
people can go to order the print. Until then, you can go to Local 1401's
web page at srff.org to see photos of our painting and information on
ordering.

The lithograph will be done off of a 23x 30" oil painting of the same theme
as the original painting belonging to the Santa Rosa Firefighters hanging
in Fire Station 1 at 955 Sonoma Ave,  Santa Rosa, California. The 20 x 30
will have the shell of the Towers in the background. The  reflection in the
firefighters mask will be of the impact on the South Tower as the North
Tower stands damaged to symbolize that this image is one we will NEVER
forget. You can see this soon at srff.org.

To date we have over 360 orders for the lithograph in just 4 days with over
$8,200.00 pledged. With the start up loan paid off we will be able to
produce some great funds for the families of our fallen brothers and
sisters. If all of the Dedication Series sell alone we will be able to
present a check for $94,200.00 to the Widows and Orphans Fund. Along with
that if a large amount of the 2000 Limited Edition Series lithographs sell
we will be able to increase that number to well above $300,000.00!!!!!!!

I am flattered by the response the painting has created and very proud
knowing that we can utilize our painting to generate some funding and
support for the families of those brave emergency professionals that made
the ultimate sacrifice.

Thank you very much for your interest in supporting the families of our
fellow fallen firefighters. If you have any questions please feel free to
give me a call.

                                        Don Ricci
                                        Firefighter, Santa Rosa Fire Department
                                        (707) 543-3500