Bugeye Floor Pan Help

To: "Spridgets Group" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Floor Pan Help
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:34:15 -0300
Hey Spridgeteers!

I've recently replaced the floors in my Bugeye with Steelcraft (I'm told)
panels (2 piece) from a reputable local supplier (not those guys that Frank
dislikes).  However, it appears that the footwell area may not be correct -
the depression in the floor pan appears to be too far "inboard" (i.e. too
close to the inside edge of the frame member) and, therefore, the accelerator
pedal doesn't have a flat area on which to mount (it wants to mount in the
depression).  I've visited a local clubmember who has a Bugeye with original
floors and it appears from my measurements that the depression is the correct
depth but that it is 2 inches too far inboard.  My supplier has never had a
complaint about his panels but is co-operating with me to try to identify my
problem.

Can someone confirm the correct width of the flat area between the inside edge
of the frame member (the inner edge of the floor) and the start of the
depression, as well as the width of the flat area between the inner sill
(outer edge of the floor) and the depression?

I should also note that my floors did not come with captive nuts for the
accelerator pedal nor drain holes.

If I'm correct and I have improper floors, does anyone know of a source for
correct ones?

Thanks for your time.

Geoff Muttart
gmuttart@mtdc.ns.ca
Nova Scotia, Canada
AH 'Bugeye' Sprite - currently trying desperately to get out of major surgery
without going bankrupt - there's lots of rust up North!

---