Re: loose but new bearings BUMMER!

To: "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: loose but new bearings BUMMER!
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 20:15:05 -0700
Jeff,

There is a type of bearing that I've seen (and have) that fits your
description. It is my belief that they are designed to be used without the
axle spacer. The inner bearing isn't getting loaded properly with the
spacer. That is why the are loose. I have a set of these and if the use
them without the spacer the will not be used. I know this is going ot start
the thread on whether that spacer needs to be used... I've heard both
sides, but I'll leave the decision to you on what to do. You can get the
older style bearing. I think the plastic part is just a shield, not
actually part of the race.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -