Re: Problems with a New Bugeye

To: HealeyBN4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Problems with a New Bugeye
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:59:03 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
HealeyBN4@aol.com wrote:

>  Then as we stopped for gas there was smoke coming from under the dash.

>  Do you think that the combination ignition/light switch sorted on and >
>needs to be replaced, which caused  the wiring to melt?

The ign/light switch most likely is the cause. It has the brown (always hot)
wire incorporated in it for battery > lights and bat > ign.
Maybe the end terminals just made contact and sorted out behind the switch.
The switch does come apart via a couple spring pins that just have to be
pushed in.
Also the wire cage that holds the switch to the dash can short out on the
terminals. I use a hose clamp to hold it in, less chance of shorting and
easier to install/remove the switch.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ