Sprite making progress

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite making progress
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 20:54:48 EDT
Hello list. I made a little progress with the Sprite this evening. I had a
rounded off bolt in the corner of the fender and cowl assembly. With the help
of some drill bits and the bolt extractor I got it out. Tomorrow the drivers
side fender should be off.

I noticed the new cowl side post flange has a 90 degree angle on it where it
looks like it goes behind the front fender. It has three hole in it so I am
assuming that three bolts hold that flange on behind the fender. If I am
mistaken on any of this please let me know. Hopefully by sometime next month
the new cowl post and hinge mounting plate will be installed so I can remount
the drivers side door.

Then when December comes I will be sending the Sprite to a guy to have the
spring boxes totaly built from scratch and installed. He said he would make
it look as original as possible. He just finnished a restoration on a TR6 for
another customer. I'm making progress slowly but surely.

Jamie
1962 AH Sprite MK II
1979 Trans Am
Web site links:  <A