59?-60?-61?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 59?-60?-61?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:15:13 -0000
my 59 was raced by the dealer and had it's identity changed (difrent
exterior color from factory and complete interior  color change) to be sold
as a new car to an unsuspecting buyer.  fortunately for my car it's new
buyer took it racing before it was 1 week old in his ownership!  it was
repainted white and had a DC region SCCA legal roll bar installed.  now
about the car's year acording to title and serial number ?   according to
serial number it is an early 59.  but my title sez 1961!  why?  because it
was sold as a new car in 1961 and titled according to it's year of sale.  it
is not uncommon to find a discrepency in serial number, BMHT certificate
asembly date and year of title on these cars.    it does not mean you have a
fake or made up car.   it just indicates the length of time from assembly to
delivery to a dealer and final sale to a new owner when new.

chuck.
 the positraction rear and daytona / sebring front brakes were on the car
when original owner bought the car.