GFT SPRT Saga

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: GFT SPRT Saga
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:12:06 -0500
Today's trials and tribulations.....
        This is the next-to-last day I could show off my repaired headlight to
the
local constable before sentencing begins. The local "cop shop" is closed
when I'm going home or coming to work. Repeated attempts to have them see
my new headlight have been fruitless....doing donuts in their parking lot
doesn't even work. Try to find one when you need one.....
        So after a phone call while they're open, it was agreed I could beseech
the police more local to my work to look at my new headlight, and sign-off
on the ticket. Hop in the Sprite, no effing clutch pedal..... and yes, the
seat hadn't moved, Larry. After a brief and unsuccessful attempt at a
quickie bleed, I phoned to ask if: a) I could send them a picture of my
headlights on, b) send them a new headlight and my old, burned out one, c)
get an extension (hell, it worked in college). "None of the above" was the
correct answer. (If I had Soave's dog I could've claimed he "ate my slave")
Further effort with the misnomered EasiBleed was successful, and messy.
        Drove to the local-to-work station past a high school and middle school
which required much nodding, waving and acknowledgments of "Hey man, cool
car!" (next gen will be fine) It seems they're doing some road construction
on the road leading to the police, which necessitated a very accommodating
flag person to request another bucket full of fill so "this guy can get in
there"  (should one tip a flag person?) The investigating officer for the
headlight inspection declares "I haven't seen one of these since I spent 5
years in England!". Naturally the headlights pass. Almost forgot to turn
them on as the discussion progressed. He was impressed that I was able to
even find a headlight for the car. I let him know that there is no end of
what I will do to be within the law. (Hey, you never know....)
        My return here to work led me through the gauntlet of school kids with
repeat of the accolades. It's a balmy 50 degrees and a nice day for a ride.
Alas, I have to work.
        Nice car.

Peter C
67 GFT SPRT
We're twin carburetted and stepping out over the line