Re: Old Movies - Some LBC

To: macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old Movies - Some LBC
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:03:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/17/01 10:52:15 PM, macleans@earthlink.net writes:

<< I seem to remember seeing a picture of Steeve McQueen racing a Bugeye
somewhere.
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite

Mike

Garner was pretty hard to part from car racing after doing Grand  Prix much
to the horror of the studio.  McQueen started out that way--motorcycles,
cars, you-name-it.  These were the years when a retired race driver was rare.
 Incidentally, both titles can be had through Yahoo Video Shopping.   Grand
Prix came out in 1966 and is available in VHS and Super Wide VHS for about
$20-$25.  It will be interesting to see how these fare in small screen.
Grand Prix was one of those extravaganzas that gave meaning to the surrround
screen with 360 sound--vrooom!!!!!  As previously posted, Le Mans was a 1971
offering and is available for $7-$10  in VHS from Amazon, among others.

Both are definitely worth a replay.

Also on my LBC list is Harry O, a TV series starring David Janssen.  It was
still a running series when he died.  He ran around in a beat up little gray
un-bugeye (how'd I do Jay?), presumably  in San Diego, except that I really
didn't recognize any of the scenery.  They moved it to the LA area for the
second season.

But heck, you can drive your Sprite all winter, right.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)