Re: Refinishing paint (No LBC)

To: "George Procyshyn" <geopro@cyberdrive.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Refinishing paint (No LBC)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:41:03 -0400
George, in days gone by I used to buy beat up commercial trucks,
do all the body work, put on mags, hot stereo and fluffy dice and
sold them like hot cakes to the wop crowd.

My secret was to keep the gross margin high. Did all the body work
myself (prep wash first), filler (prime the filler spots), masked
and then electric gun sprayed the whole thing with Flat Black
Tremclad (rust paint).  Finished off with red pinstriping and
chrome tail pipe extension. Could never believe how good and mean
it actually looked.

The flat black would patina over time, so the starkness of the
color mellowed out. End result, with my minimal body filler
talents, the buyers thought otherwise.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug